Some Windows 11 / Windows 10 users are complaining about an issue they are encountering when they are trying to transfer some files from a removable truyền thông media device khổng lồ their computer. According to lớn these users, the transferring process is halting mid-way và showing an error message “An unexpected error is keeping you from moving the file“. If you are facing a similar kind of problem, try these fixes and the problem will be solved in no time.
Bạn đang xem: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file
1. Restart your device. After rebooting your computer, check if the error is fixed or not.
2. Unplug the usb device from your computer. Plug the device again to another port of your computer. Try transferring the files again.
If the problem still occurs, try these solutions-
Fix-1 Cheông chồng your usb device for any error-
If the device is corrupted or there are some bad files which are causing this issue, repairing the device will solve sầu the issue.
1. At first, you need lớn open the File Explorer cliông xã on “This PC“.
2. Right-click on the USB device và cliông xã on “Properties“.
4. In the USB Drive (F:) Properties window, then you have to go to lớn the “Tools” tab.
5. When you see that the Error Checking section, clichồng on “Check“.
6. Then you have sầu lớn clichồng on “Repair drive“.
7. Once the repair process is over, cliông xã on “Close” to lớn cthua thảm the error checking window.
Now, kiểm tra if you can transfer any file from your computer khổng lồ the truyền thông device or vice-versa. If the error is yet to be solved go for the next fix.
Fix-2 Run rdpclip và dwm as an administrator-
Rdpclip and dwm applications of the System32 thư mục manages a shared clipboard between two storage media. Launching them manually will solve sầu your issue-
1. Press Windows key+R lớn launch the Run window.
2. To open the System32 thư mục on your computer copy-paste this address & hit Enter
3. Now, on the left corner, clichồng on the Search box and type “rdpclip“.
4. From the search results, right-click on the “rdpclip” application & then cliông xã on “Run as administrator”.
5. Same way, again type in the Search box “dwm“.
6. In the search results, right-clichồng on the “dwm” application and then click on “Run as administrator” khổng lồ run it on your computer.
Close File Explorer window.
Open File Explorer window again. Try khổng lồ run the application again on your computer.
Fix-3 Clear Clipboard from CMD-
If nothing is working out the khung you, clearing the clipboard on your computer should solve this issue.
1. Cliông chồng on the Search box and then type “cmd“.
2. Now, right-cliông chồng on “Comm& Prompt” and then cliông chồng on “Run as administrator“.
Commvà Prompt window will be opened.
3. Now, copy this comm& and paste it in Command Prompt window & then hit Enter.
cmd /c "eđến off|clip"
After running this commvà cchiến bại the Command Prompt window.
Reboot your computer.
After rebooting you will be able to lớn transfer files without any further issue.
Fix-4 Perkhung Disk Cleanup-
Sometimes temporary files on your disk may cause this issue.
1. Press Windows+R.
2. Now, copy-paste this commvà “cleanmgr /low disk” in Run và hit Enter.
The Disk Cleanup window will be opened.
3. In Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window, cliông xã on the drop-down “Drives:” & choose your Windows 10 drive sầu.
4. Now, clichồng on “OK“.
5. When you see that the “Files to lớn delete:” section, you will need to lớn check every option in the menu.
6. Then, cliông chồng on “OK” to lớn start the cleanup process on your computer.
The disk Cleanup process will take some time to clean up the junk tệp tin from your system.
Reboot your computer và after rebooting try to transfer a file or thư mục again. It should be working just fine.
Your problem should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to lớn weirdest possible problems.
Xem thêm: Điểm Chuẩn 2019 Đại Học Giao Thông Vận Tải Tuyển Sinh 2019, Các Tin Tuyển Sinh Khác
Filed Under: USB, Windows 10, Windows 11
Leave sầu a Reply Cancel reply
Your tin nhắn address will not be published.